Thursday, February 23, 2023

"N" Is for Nightmare

Please click here to view this message in your browser.

Chicken Soup for the Soul
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest YouTube
 
Inspiration for Your Cancer Journey
 

Did you miss any of these recent podcasts?

Cat to the Rescue

Who Rescued Whom?

Remarkably Naughty Cats

 

quotation graphic

 

Chicken Soup for the Soul book cover image

"N" Is for Nightmare
From Chicken Soup for the Soul: Dreams and the Unexplainable
By T'Mara Goodsell

You have to ask a lot of questions and listen to people, but eventually, you have to go by your own instincts.
~Kirk Kerkorian

The nightmare came right after I'd noticed I had a new skin blemish. In the dream, a former college roommate and I were sitting on her front porch steps, enjoying a warm summer evening. We both had on shorts, and our legs were lazily stretched out in front of us. "I don't mean to alarm you," my friend said, "but you have something on your leg that you need to have a doctor look at." When I looked down, there were two, four-inch-long mushrooms sprouting from my ankle.

I awoke with a gasp. Definitely one for the dream log! I'd started writing down dreams because I'd found that dreams would sometimes alert me to what was important. Besides, they can be weirdly entertaining.

That was in late March 2009. Two tiny dots that formed a crooked figure eight had recently appeared on that spot on my leg. The nightmare caused me to look more carefully at them. They didn't protrude in any way, but they were darker than my ordinary freckles and they looked strange. I'd never been terribly concerned about any of my skin blemishes before, but when I learned that a local hospital was having a free skin check, I made an appointment. I have to admit, I felt a little nervous. I was convinced this nightmare was a warning. (Keep reading)

Read more Buy this book

 

Music Has the Power to Bring People Together!

poster for Mixtape Trilogy, featuring a cassette tape with handwritten label 'A Film by Kathleen Ermitage' and photos and homemade cassette tape case spines for Indigo Girls, Vijay Iyer, and Talib Kweli

Attention all you music fans — Mixtape Trilogy: Stories of the Power of Music is an entertaining and impactful documentary that examines the relationship between music artists and their fans, featuring Indigo Girls, Vijay Iyer, and Talib Kweli. Watch it tonight!

 
woman giving skritches to orange cat lying down on side

Did you know February 20, 2023 is Love Your Pet Day! Here at Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food, we like to think every day is love your pet day!

 

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Lessons Learned from My Cat — Royalties support American Humane.

Lessons Learned from My Cat cover image

101 stories about about all the ways in which cats enrich our lives, become part of our families, and make us better people.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Lessons Learned from My Dog — Royalties support American Humane.

Lessons Learned from My Dog cover image

101 stories about all the ways in which dogs enrich our lives, bond our families, and make us better people!

Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food: Where Healthy Begins®

black and white cat sitting on table and being examined by smiling vet with stethoscope; images of Chicken Soup for the Soul Cat Food

Premium Ingredients. Premium Performance for the life of your pet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment