Friday, July 7, 2023

I Am Bald and I Am Beautiful

Please click here to view this message in your browser.

Chicken Soup for the Soul
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest YouTube
 
Daily Inspiration
Changing the World One Story at a Time®
 

Did you miss any of these recent podcasts?

Looking Past Stereotypes

Finding Life's Purpose

Expect Miracles

 

quotation graphic

 

Chicken Soup for the Soul book cover image

I Am Bald and I Am Beautiful
From Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tough Times Won't Last But Tough People Will
By Lindsay Walter

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
~Lucille Ball

I lost all my hair at age two due to alopecia. All I wanted growing up was to fit in. I would look at all the beautiful girls I was surrounded by at schools and in the media and think, If I had hair, I would be beautiful, too.

I wore a wig and was bullied and teased for it. I had no eyebrows, and my peers let me know it. They would call me "bald" or say, "Lindsay has no hair." They were right, so I just let them bully me. I felt like I deserved it, as if losing my hair due to this autoimmune condition was somehow my fault. (Keep reading)

Read more Buy this book

 

At Home With Genevieve… This Is Going To Be Fun!

smiling woman standing in kitchen and holding a dog in her arms

Don't miss At Home with Genevieve, the new lifestyle series hosted by celebrity designer Genevieve Gorder. Longtime friends Paige Davis (Trading Spaces) and Stacy London (What Not to Wear) join Genevieve along the way to explore all aspects of lifestyle, including food, health, cocktails, pets, fashion, gardening, and home décor. Streaming free on Crackle.

 
'Fireworks & Your Furry Friends: Read the blog.' Fireworks lit against evening sky, with inset photos of dogs and cats lying down and alert

When you think about the 4th of July, what comes to mind? Celebrating with family and friends, and of course… fireworks! But remember, the loud noises from fireworks can frighten pets and make them want to escape. To ensure your furry friends stay calm and safe during fireworks, be sure to check out the Chicken Soup for the Soul Pet Food blog for helpful tips.

 

Chicken Soup for the Soul 30th Anniversary Edition — Filled with wisdom and life lessons!

Chicken Soup for the Soul 30th Anniversary Edition cover image

The Classic Original with 30 new bonus stories for the next 30 years!

Chicken Soup for the Soul: All You Need Is Love — Your summer beach read!

All You Need Is Love cover image

101 stories of romance, serendipity, divine intervention, and destiny.

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Well That Was Funny — Storytelling at its funniest!

Well That Was Funny cover image

A collection of feel-good stories that will bring some sunshine into your days.

stacks of Chicken Soup for the Soul books

Ever dream about writing a Chicken Soup for the Soul story? See what we are working on and submit your story today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment