|  A Year to Live From Chicken Soup for the Soul: Young at Heart By Esther McNeil Griffin Life is short, so live it. Love is rare, so grab it. Fear controls you, so face it. Memories are precious, so cherish them. We only get one life, so live it! ~Author Unknown We needed a new phone installation for a dictating device in the word processing center under my supervision as Central Services Coordinator in our combined school districts. But an old, heavy wooden desk was in the way and the serviceman refused to move it. With disgust, I muttered, "I am woman, hear me roar," as I shoved the massive obstacle out of the way. I covered up the wince in my fifty-six-year-old back until he left. It soon increased from pain to agony when I had to leave work and go home to bed. After a few days, when I could hobble to the car, I had it X-rayed. The call from my doctor was unnerving. "Your back is not seriously injured, but there seems to be a dark spot on your kidney which requires further investigation." A CAT scan revealed a cancerous kidney, which had to be removed. Fortunately the cancer did not appear to have spread, but unfortunately it was a type of cancer that would not respond to chemo or radiation. (Keep reading) |
No comments:
Post a Comment