It's going to be a delicious season.
Fall baking season is upon us, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve started jotting down all the fall baking recipes I want to make over the next few months. These apple bars have been going bonkers on social media. And my coworkers have been drooling over this newly developed salted caramel banana bread in the group chat. Then there's the Bake of the Week below. It's going to be a delicious season.
P.S. My colleagues are working on a Kids Can Bake cookbook, and we want to feature YOU! Share your favorite kid-baking photos and moments with us: pics and stories of kids baking or enjoying homemade treats; funny or sweet quotes; kids’ favorite treats and kitchen advice. Email your stories and/or photos to bakeable@tasteofhome.com by September 30 for the chance to be published!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Recipe by Margaret Knoebel, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
- Butter
- Flour
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon
- Buttermilk
|
|
|
Preheat oven to 450°. Place butter into a 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until butter has melted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
|
|
|
|
Our Trends writer Lindsay tested the brownie-chunks-in-cookies trend. Her favorable review convinced another staff member to try it asap, who agreed they are "SO GOOD." Have you jumped on this trend yet?
|
|
|
|
|
|
This Month's Baking Mission |
|
|
Ease into the season with something simple, like an apple crisp or apple cake with your best picks from the orchard. There's nothing cozier than digging into fresh-baked apple desserts with loved ones.
|
|
|
|
I love seeing what comes out of your kitchens and reading the stories behind each bake. Here are some of my favorite posts from the week.
|
|
|
|
We had an Amish crew of 5 here on Wednesday to put a new roof on our barn. They did a fantastic job! I treated them to Brownie Kiss Cupcakes for their morning break and Chocolate Chip Blondies for their dessert at lunchtime, which they really enjoyed. Both are some of our very favorite Taste of Home treats. —Sue Gronholz
|
A friend of mine gave me this recipe years ago. I make Buckeye Brownie Cookies every year for the first Buckeye game of the season. —Theresa Ravencraft
|
|
|
I had a few bananas gettin ripe and went to find a banana bread recipe…and instead I found the latest TOH email featuring banana bread snack cake with malted chocolate frosting! I think snack cakes, muffins, quick breads etc are my pregnant lady baking vibe for the moment. I went with a 9” square and 2 loaf pans. One loaf was perfect for gifting to our friends. —Alysia Tsuyuki
|
Here I am proudly wearing my Bakeable shirt 🩷💙a gift from Taste of Home! Thank you… I love it 💓 —Marina Castle Kelley
|
|
|
|
It's been a few months since we transitioned our monthly recipe challenges into monthly baking missions. Which one do you enjoy more?
|
|
|
|
Know someone who would love this?
|
Trusted Media Brands, Inc. 1610 N 2nd St, Suite 102, Milwaukee, WI 53212 2026 Trusted Media Brands. All rights reserved.
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment